I woke up one day, walked to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. I bursted out crying, staring at myself - my face. My skin had taken a turn after last summer, in which I couldn't recognize myself anymore and the comments about how bad my acne had gotten was eating me up. I had no idea what happened, when it happened, or how to even change it. I kept asking myself, how could I get my skin back to normal?
I consulted with my dear friend Celeste, who is not only gorgeous on the outside but is just as beautiful on the inside. Her passion for food, creation of inspirational content, and knowledge of beauty/skincare blew me away. Celeste was raving about DMH Aesthetics and their laser resurfx treatment, something I was skeptical about because I'm a huge baby when it comes to pain. However, she ensured me that it was worth trying and doesn't hurt. I decided to take the chance and I cannot share the results with you next month :) So stay tuned.
When I learned about Credo, I literally shook my head and wondered why it took me so long to find out about them. Carrying only clean, organic products that are healthy and good for your skin - this place is the best kept secret of all time. I quickly stocked up, played around with several brands and eventually fell in love with 6 products that I now use every single day.
1. Osea Ocean Cleansing Mudd: I've tried quite a few cleansers in the last couple of years and none of them have ever left my face feeling fresh. After a long day, I crave Osea Ocean Cleansing Mudd and my face doesn't feel clean unless I use this. I guarantee you feel the difference. It's gentle enough for any skin type but strong enough to remove all your makeup off before you sleep.
2. Osea Sea Minerals Mist: I don't know about you, but my skin certainly needs hydration and with the Osea sea minerals mist it neutralizes surface impurities and diminishes the appearance of inflammation. A good spritz after applying my makeup and another mid-day is all I need to feel hydrated again. There's no smell to it at all and there's also a travel friendly size that I never leave the house without.
3. Osea Blemish Balm: No daily routine starts without my Osea Blemish Balm. I use this as my daily moisturizer because it's so lightweight, has no scent, and doesn't leave your face feeling sticky or oily. It helps reduces shine throughout the day doesn't clog pores either. My face definitely feels weird if I don't apply it on every morning.
4. Nu Evolution Complete Coverage Foundation: With 8 color selections, Nu Evolution Complete Coverage Foundation is my holy grail. It's hard to find a foundation you can truly rely on, but this one has nothing but good ingredients. Totally clean, long lasting wear, and goes on flawlessly (with a brush). I don't even feel it on and there's no reapplication required throughout the day.
5. Nu Evolution Pressed Powder Foundation: On days I'm in a rush or don't feel like putting on the Nu Evolution Complete Coverage Foundation, I use this. The pressed powder foundation is perfect to carry with you, dabbing just a bit all around is enough coverage for the whole day. I actually use this on most days unless I'm shooting a special editorial.
6. In Fiore Calme Complexe Face Oil: The last item isn't pictured above as I recently ran out, but this product is my life saver for dry skin. On a few occasions, after my resurfx treatment, my skin gets really dry and the only thing that helps me is In Fiore Calme Complexe Face Oil. Yes, pricey for a small bottle but it lasts for a few months. I think I had it for almost 5-6 months before I ran out, using it twice a day - just .a couple of drops.
I didn't believe in oils before but In Fiore has made me see that I cannot live without it. It makes a huge difference in my skincare routine and my favorite thing about it is that it's absorbs quickly into your skin. This soothes sensitive skin and is suitable for all complexions.
All of these products above replaced all my prior beauty go-to's from Tarte to Nars. I didn't realize that the things I was using before was making my skin worse, attributing to the problem and not resolving it. As soon as I threw out all the other items and started using just these 6 items, my skin started getting better. Of course, in addition to the resurfx treatments. The key to clear skin is to truly watch what you're putting on, along with what you're putting into your body as well but that's for another time.
For now, I trust these items so much that I refuse to put anything else on my skin for fear that I'll break out badly again. Big thanks to Celeste for introducing me to Credo! Stay tuned for my resurfx review.
A curated collection by Lisa Linh featuring guides, tips & tricks, and advice for your getaways, business, and life.