We all dream of living the lives we want and while some are currently living their dream, others are sitting there complaining and providing excuses as to why they cannot. This post isn't for the latter, this is a post for those who want to be that first person and have the determination and thirst to go after it.
1. Say it out loud and say it proud! Whatever it is that you want to do, whatever you are chasing, speak about it. Tell your friends, family, and significant others. Except that cousin who is always jealous of you, don't tell them about it.
When you tell people about your dreams, about the life you want to live, you are basically asking them to hold you accountable for it. You need someone to get on your ass and be on your ass about it so why not let it be the ones who love you the most and want to see you succeed.
2. Write it down. It's been said over and over again, write your goals down. By writing it down, you are committing yourself to the goal and can be reminded of where you want to be. Place it where you will certainly see if every single day.
3. Set deadlines, but be realistic. Once you've written down your goals, set deadlines and due dates but be real about your timeline. You may be extremely excited and want to quit your job right away, but make sure your savings account will back you up for at least 3 to 6 months (just in case). Things don't happen overnight so give yourself enough time and be patient. As long as you are moving forward than you are on the right track.
4. Track your progress and reward yourself for milestones - big or small. In conjunction with the above, celebrate the little things and/or big moments in your life. Rewarding yourself for your progress will keep you motivated. Besides, you are your number one fan right? So go ahead and treat yourself once in awhile. You deserve it.
5. Use your current job as your fuel. You can work while working towards your dreams. It's exactly what I did. Sure, I quit on a whim, but I would never suggest that to anyone. You hate your job or you aren't happy right? Use that as your motivator to work twice as hard to meet your deadlines. The sooner you leave, the sooner you'll be living your dreams but be smart about it. You'll need the financial assistance to get you through this (and to keep you sane).
6. Stay inspired. While working 24/7 may seem like the key, it isn't, and you don't want to burn yourself out to the point that you want to quit. Take breaks, vacations, getaway for the weekend and stay connected with your friends, family, and loved ones. You'll need them and they love you so remember to always appreciate them too. Do whatever it is that makes you happy when you get frustrated so you stay inspired!
At the end of the day, you are your own key to success. The above gives you a brief outline in the right direction but ultimately, it is up to your own determination and hustle that will get you there. I believe in you, so go chase your dreams!
If you found this helpful, please let me know by either liking the post or leaving a comment! Let me know what other tips and advice you'd love to hear! Thank you.