The prized question we're asked all the time and more - all answered yesterday at the Revelation LA's Blogger Roundtable Panel.
I had the pleasure of being on the panel alongside blogger babes Gwen, Alisha, Kristen, and Elaine with our moderator and host, Bri Seeley. Bri and I have known each other for years, watching one another grow to where we are today and she is one of my inspirations. She went from designer to six-figure inspirational coach and has a great podcast called The Amplify Co.
The panel took place at Siren Studios and was hosted by ParkerWhitaker Productions. It was such a pleasure to meet both Erin and Sarah, and I am so grateful to have been a part of this panel. The panel lasted about 2 hours and included topics such as monetization, organization and planning, growth and follower engagement, as well as a Q&A session with the audience.
Here are a few key tips and advice from yesterday's panel:
- Engage with your audience. Respond to comments/followers and be active.
- Always make sure you have enough content, especially if you have committed yourself to posting 2-4 times a day (via Instagram) and stay ahead with pre-planning by using apps such as Planoly and Hootsuite.
- You are a brand, this is a business. Treat it like one.
- Nothing's impossible. If you really want it, you'll find a way to do it and sometimes that means passing up on social events to shoot content or skipping out on a few hours of sleep to blog.
- You need a media kit.
- Don't collaborate for the sake of the money. Make sure that your collaborations are a representation of who you are as a brand.
- Focus on long-term relationships versus one-time collaborations.
- When doing outreach, talk about what you can provide to the brand but also talk about the brand and why you love them/want to work with them.
Thank you Bri for providing me with this opportunity. I cannot wait to do more speaking engagements/panels/conferences!